[GRASS-dev] v.info: projection info wrong

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 27 03:26:30 EST 2012

I don't really understand why the projection code (one of 0, 1, 2, 3,
99) could be a safety check for mis-copying. A projection is defined
by several parameters, and for UTM, only the zone number is not
sufficient. I would rather discard that info, or keep the full
projection info with each map. But then, under normal operation,
raster and vector maps are always in the location's projection. If a
user really wants to override or change the projection info, it is
very difficult to keep the user from doing so, and the user could have
good reason to do so.

Markus M