[GRASS-dev] [GRASS-user] please help review osgeo live dvd summary docs

Helena Mitasova hmitaso at ncsu.edu
Tue Jul 24 21:14:10 PDT 2012

> Due to severe space limitations on the disc I'm continually concerned
> about having to remove the NC dataset, or cut it down to Helena's 40mb
> set.

Hamish - I highly recommend to use this smaller dat set - it is much easier for users
to understand (as I tried to avoid various obscure names there)
and you can still do a lot with it and the simple names also allow for more generic
quickstart docs (e.g. if somebody wants to use elevation or streams in other countries)
I started to use it as a baseline data set and then expand it with various specialized mapsets
for more advanced courses.
here it is again (it should be the same as on the grass website)
http://courses.ncsu.edu/mea792/common/Assign_GISamodel/Assignall.html

Helena