[GRASS-dev] [GRASS-user] please help review osgeo live dvd summary docs

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 25 23:51:27 PDT 2012

Markus N wrote:
> Examples *must* work out of the box from my point of view.

(they do, afaik)

> Also, there is not much advertisement coming from an
> outdated dataset of the '80th (Spearfish) while having for
> many years a way more recent data set available, published,
> and meanwhile used in most GRASS manual pages.

due to the tight space limitations it was the only one that was
safe not to be cut. with the nc_basic one it's better now, but
I've only had that in place since yesterday.

does geodata age? in defense of the Spearfish dataset, it is
both small and comprehensive, even if it doesn't show off modern
geo-layers as much and is a bit crusty. but point taken.

Hamish