[GRASS-dev] Report #3, GSoC, GRASS Image Segmentation

Eric Momsen eric.momsen at gmail.com
Sat Jun 9 21:52:10 PDT 2012

Hi!

Sorry for the day late report.  I was pushing to have the basic algorithm
going, and wanted to report that it already works....  alas, it compiles,
but there is still some other bug or logic error I still need to find...

Completed:

* I/O works, the module can read imagery groups into segmented (tiled)
files. (Thanks Markus for spotting the incorrect function names!)
* Updated pseudocode, adding details as my understanding of the processing
steps (and of C) are getting better
* Started coding the segmentation algorithm

Plan for next week:

* Get the basic segmentation algorithm running
* I will have a number of options and more speed/memory improvements in the
code to work

Blocking/Difficulty:

* Not stopping work, but the toughest part is considering what data
structures to use, trying to balance speed for small/medium maps but also
be able to have enough RAM for very large maps.

-Eric