[GRASS-dev] big speedups for i.landsat.rgb

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 18 19:35:01 PDT 2012

Hamish wrote:
> i.oif(.sh) is also low-hanging fruit, and we can also port the
> method over to python scripts

Hi,

The r.univar part of i.oif is now parallelized in 6.5svn (.sh)
and trunk (.py) versions.

.sh:  https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/changeset/52126
.py:  https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/changeset/52128

I'm guessing we can borrow some ideas from xargs/gnu parallel to
make a new reusable python wrapper function to de-clutter the
python method's implementation.

i.landsat.rgb.py in trunk needs a more invasive change so I
haven't touched that yet.

Michael: would this work with for your new imagery module?
(is that slow to run or very processor bound?)

Hamish