[GRASS-dev] still problems with overwrite in scripts

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Wed Jun 27 21:06:05 PDT 2012

Hmmm. This should have worked. But...

The options (copied from another script) are written as...

#%option G_OPT_R_INPUT
#%  key: ms3
#%end

So there is no way to add "new" unless I redo the options section. This way of doing the interface is new, but I thought that maybe it is the desired approach for Python now.

I added "#% overwrite: yes" by itself,

as...

#%option
#% overwrite: yes
#%end

and as another line in an existing option section

In all cases, it generated an error.

Suggestions?

Michael

On Jun 27, 2012, at 5:06 PM, Glynn Clements wrote:

> Michael Barton wrote:
>
>> I thought from reading past mail posts that -o and --o and --overwrite
>> all set the overwrite flag.
>
> The last two do; the first one is just a normal flag.
>
> Historically, modules used -o for overwrite, but that is deprecated in
> favour of the --o/--overwrite option which is built into G_parser().
>
>> I test for overwrite with grass.overwrite()
>>
>> But how do I include a check box for the overwrite flag in the GUI specs
>> (for g.parser)?
>
> If any of the options have a gisprompt setting which starts with
> "new", the --help output will display the --o flag and the GUI will
> have a checkbox to enable overwrite.
>
> In 7.0, you can force the existence of the overwrite flag by adding
> "#% overwrite: yes" to the module options, but this doesn't work in
> 6.x, partly because it isn't implemented in g.parser and partly
> because the underlying logic in G_parser() is broken; see:
>
> 	https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/1658#comment:1
>
> --

C. Michael Barton
Visiting Scientist, Integrated Science Program
National Center for Atmospheric Research &
University Consortium for Atmospheric Research
303-497-2889 (voice)

Arizona State University