[GRASS-dev] GRASS, ArcGIS, and Python incompatibilties

Michael Barton Michael.Barton at asu.edu
Thu Jun 28 14:02:08 PDT 2012

I thought I'd seen this somewhere on the list, but I can't seem to find it. If there is a posted answer, perhaps someone could point me to it. Otherwise, hopefully, someone can offer an answer.

I'm working with a colleague who has Windows 7 and ArcGIS installed. He installed GRASS for Windows, but it won't launch due to some combination of Python/wxPython incompatibility. We're pretty sure that it has to do with the version of Python he had to install with ArcGIS. The ArcGIS Python is 2.6, but GRASS for Windows comes with Python 2.7. Is there some configuration setting to get around this?

Michael
C. Michael Barton
Visiting Scientist, Integrated Science Program
National Center for Atmospheric Research &
303-497-2889 (voice)

Arizona State University