[GRASS-dev] digitizer crash

Michael Barton Michael.Barton at asu.edu
Fri Jun 22 21:36:31 PDT 2012

One of my students reported intermittent crashing of the digitizer when saving a map in GRASS 7 with Mac Lion (OSX 10.7). I haven't used the digitizer much lately but did a new build today to see if that helped.

I tried the digitizer earlier with no problem, but just tried it again and got the following crash when I went to save the new map after making a couple polygons. Note that it killed the GUI completely too. However, the digitized map seems to be OK (i.e. displays OK). There are two errors. I'm attaching a screenshot of the Mac error window (or the hopefully relevant part of it). GRASS also generated an error, but I think that this is the same error that is generated if you close the GUI when NVIZ is displaying a map. If so, it is some kind of error trap when closing the GUI but having either a digitizing session or an NVIZ session active. I can file a bug report, but want to know if anyone else has encountered this yet?

Michael

=========  GRASS error =========

GRASS 7.0.svn (Boulder_UTM13_wgs84):~/Dropbox/NCAR_files/paleoclimate/400-0yrs > pythonw2.6(3217,0xac12f2c0) malloc: *** error for object 0x6bc93260: pointer being freed was not allocated

========== Apple error on GUI crash ==========

C. Michael Barton
Visiting Scientist, Integrated Science Program
National Center for Atmospheric Research &
University Consortium for Atmospheric Research
303-497-2889 (voice)

Arizona State University