[GRASS-dev] ODBC and GRASS for Windows

Christine geo.guide at web.de
Mon Mar 26 07:01:37 EDT 2012

Have posted some weeks ago on a problem with the ODBC driver in the user list
but got no answer until now. I am working on a master thesis and would like
to use GRASS as the core of a solution with FOSGIS, but there seem to be
problems with the ODBC driver in GRASS for Windows. Beeing not a programmer
I am not really sure about this and would like to consult the developers of
GRASS for a suggestion how to proceed. Please correct me, if my point of
view should be wrong !

My former post in the user list is this
http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/ODBC-driver-in-GRASS-td4558182.html

Is there any chance to solve the problem with reading ODBC data bases
(particularly MS Access) in the near future? Havn't opened a ticket yet.

Thanks a lot for any feedback,
regards, Christine