[GRASS-dev] getting from DBF to SQLite

Michael Barton Michael.Barton at asu.edu
Mon Mar 26 13:26:33 EDT 2012

On Mar 26, 2012, at 11:15 AM, Martin Landa wrote:

> 2012/3/26 Michael Barton <Michael.Barton at asu.edu>:
>> I thought I could just set db.connect to sqlite and copy the vectors, but
>> that doesn't seem to work.
>
> in which sense it doesn't work?

Thanks Martin,

Here is what happens. Perhaps this does not work in GRASS 6.4.3? I just noticed that the sqlite selection in the GUI for db.connect does not do anything.

GRASS 6.4.3svn (Spain_utm_ed50z30):~ > db.connect driver=sqlite
GRASS 6.4.3svn (Spain_utm_ed50z30):~ > g.copy vect=alcala_subsect at Alcala_vectors,alcala_subsect_sqlite
Copy vector <alcala_subsect at Alcala_vectors> to current mapset as
<alcala_subsect_sqlite>
DBMI-SQLite driver error:
Unable to open database: unable to open database file

WARNING: Unable to open database
         </Users/Shared/grassdata/Spain_utm_ed50z30/SAA2012/dbf/> by driver
         <sqlite>
no database is open
WARNING: Unable to copy table <alcala_subsect_sqlite>
WARNING: Cannot copy <alcala_subsect at Alcala_vectors> to current mapset as
         <alcala_subsect_sqlite>

Michael

> Martin
>
> --
> Martin Landa <landa.martin gmail.com> * http://geo.fsv.cvut.cz/~landa

C. Michael Barton
Visiting Scientist, Integrated Science Program
National Center for Atmospheric Research &
303-497-2889 (voice)

Arizona State University