[GRASS-dev] [Qgis-developer] Adding GRASS modules

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Tue May 8 08:12:37 EDT 2012

FYI from the qgis-dev-ml

http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/qgis-developer/2012-May/019990.html

and a howto for a qgis-grass-sextante-plugin:

http://sextante.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/soft/bindings/qgis-plugin/src/sextante/grass/grass.txt

<> Hi all.
<> Now that sextante is in full swing, I think reaching feature parity with
<> the current grass plugin modules (GPM) is a priority.
<> This is a very easy task:
<> * check if a GPM is present in sextante
<>   - if yes, check if parameters match those in GPM
<>     . if yes, ok
<>     . if not, change the description file, e.g. [0] in order to
<> replicate the behaviour of GPM
<>   - if not, you can add it to the list of missing modules, or add it
<> yourself.
<> This will greatly improve the usability, and will make the user
<> migration easier.
<> I'm ready to help volunteers, and I'm sure Victor will be happy too.
<> All the best.
<[...]
<Hi all.
<The lack of response does not speak well about this. Are there
<qgis-grass users around?
<Anyway, Victor has kindly written a simple guide on how to add grass
<modules to sextante:
<http://sextante.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/soft/bindings/qgis-plugin/src/sextante/grass/grass.txt
<Anyone wiling to help? Perhaps we should try to involve some power user?
<All the best.
<--
<Paolo Cavallini

-----