[GRASS-dev] Adding NetCDF to GRASS7 configure

Sören Gebbert soerengebbert at googlemail.com
Wed May 16 04:58:03 EDT 2012

Dear all,
i would like to add a new configure option to enable NetCDF support in
GRASS7. The new module r3.out.netcdf that exports 3d raster maps as
three dimensional (space or space + time) NetCDF files and several
other planed modules will need this library. My question is how to
integrate NetCDF in the configuration process? I have patched the
files "configure.in"  and "Platform.make.in". Do i need to modify any
additional files? How should i generate the configure script with
autoconf, so that it is compatible with the current configure script?

The "configure.in" and "Platform.make.in" patch is attached.

Many thanks in advance.
Best regards
Soeren