[GRASS-dev] on the subject of toolboxes ...

Chemin, Yann (IWMI) Y.Chemin at cgiar.org
Sun May 20 20:49:58 EDT 2012

+1
________________________________
From: grass-dev-bounces at lists.osgeo.org [grass-dev-bounces at lists.osgeo.org] on behalf of Sylvain Maillard [sylvain.maillard at gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, May 20, 2012 4:00 PM
To: Hamish
Cc: grass-dev at lists.osgeo.org
Subject: Re: [GRASS-dev] on the subject of toolboxes ...

Hi dev's,

2012/5/20 Hamish <hamish_b at yahoo.com<mailto:hamish_b at yahoo.com>>

Namely, implement "views" in the wxGUI preferences section, with
tick boxes where you can hide or show groups of modules as desired.
A core set of common modules would always be ticked in a greyed-out box,
and an "enable all" button would be present. Beyond that you can pick
and choose.

As a user I fully apply to this proposal !
that's already how it works in some other software like QGis or Drupal, and everyone seems to like it  ...

I see an other good reason for this choice: it would be possible to have a box with the full index of modules and some explanations (like on the web manual), I think it will help new users to find the module they need !

cheers,
Sylvain