[GRASS-dev] python using grass without starting grass: can we have a wx monitor displaying images?

Yann Chemin yann.chemin at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 01:18:45 PDT 2012

Hi,

I am starting a recursive process on many images and I would like to
display a resulting image for each of the dataset being processed.

The script I am using is a Python script, calling GRASS without grass being
run "normally", and it does process properly, so all is OK.

I am trying like this:
g.run_command('d.mon',start="wx0")
g.run_command('d.mon',select="wx0")
g.run_command('d.rast',map=toar)

but not display is being launched, though it says "wx0 already selected"...

Am I expecting not available features, or did something wrong?
Yann

--
Yann Chemin