[GRASS-dev] installing r.modis fails

Luca Delucchi lucadeluge at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 01:10:33 PDT 2012

2012/11/2 Paulo van Breugel <p.vanbreugel at gmail.com>:
> Hi Martin,

Hi Paulo

> Great, it seems to work, both commands open the respective windows. I'll
> hope to test if both tool work at a later this weekend.
>
> I am still getting an error message during install, still something about
> the rmodislib missing and about the missing manual (html) page:
>

> Fetching <r.modis> from GRASS-Addons SVN (be patient)...
> Compiling...
> ERROR: No module named rmodislib
>
> make[1]: *** [r.modis.download.tmp.html] Error 1
> ERROR: No module named rmodislib

these problems I don't know how to solve because:
I should use

try:
   import rmodislib
except:
   pass

instead I use

try:
    from rmodislib import resampling, product, get_proj, projection
except ImportError, e:
    grass.fatal(e)

because if something goes wrong during compilation it return an error
when the script is launched.
So for this problem you could avoid it, you should be able to use
r.modis.download and r.modis.import

> make[1]: *** [r.modis.import.tmp.html] Error 1
> Installing...
> /usr/bin/install: cannot stat
> `/home/paulo/Data/GRASSdb/latlon/Fieldplots/.tmp/paulo-HP-Z6
> 00-Workstation/31416.0/r.modis/docs/html/r.modis.download.ht
> ml': No such file or directory
>
> make[1]: *** [install] Error 1
> /usr/bin/install: cannot stat
> `/home/paulo/Data/GRASSdb/latlon/Fieldplots/.tmp/paulo-HP-Z6
> 00-Workstation/31416.0/r.modis/docs/html/r.modis.import.html
>
> ': No such file or directory
> make[1]: *** [install] Error 1
> Updating metadata file...
> ERROR: Unable to read manual page: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
> '/home/paulo/.grass7/addons/docs/html/r.modis.download.html'

For these I don't know, martin do you have any idea?

--
ciao
Luca

http://gis.cri.fmach.it/delucchi/