[GRASS-dev] GRASS 6.4.3 release planning

Helena Mitasova hmitaso at ncsu.edu
Mon Nov 12 06:06:25 PST 2012

Maris, hold on - I was tied up with conferences and other things so I could not follow up with testing but
I will try the volumes this week on 10.8 - I have it at work so I don't have it as handy as 10.6 that I have at home,
and I need some extra time for testing on 10.8(is it possible that it is only Michael, William and myself who have Mac?)

Also I have been getting complaints about r.mapcalc in the command console on MS Windows
- I was able to run it but I had to remove the quotes and I still don't know exactly what combination of
spaces/not-spaces, quotes/not-quotes works on MS Windows so the students have to run mapcalc from GUI.
(all combinations work on Mac)
Just yesterday there were some new troubles with r.thin and other commands in our flow routing
assignments that run in GUI but not in the Command console on windows.
(it is this - you can try to run it on MSWin in command console)
http://courses.ncsu.edu/mea582/common/GIS_anal_grass/GIS_Anal_grflow.html
Most of these troubles may be already fixed as this is GRASS6.4.3svn from september,
but I just would like to point out that there may be still problems.

I normally try to test as soon as I hear about the problems, but I have MacOS10.6 at home where
I can test right away, it gets more complicated in terms of logistics if it is MS Windows or MacOS10.8
And lot of the reported problems are just user error so I don't want to submit a bug report
before confirming that there is a real problem.

Helena

Helena Mitasova
Associate Professor
Department of Marine, Earth, and Atmospheric Sciences
2800 Faucette Drive, Rm. 1125 Jordan Hall
North Carolina State University
Raleigh, NC 27695-8208
hmitaso at ncsu.edu