[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #1798: all relevant vector modules should have cats and where parameters

Newcomb, Doug doug_newcomb at fws.gov
Thu Nov 15 05:08:24 PST 2012

I guess the question is, if you then performed v.rast.stats for an
underlying raster using the overlapping buffers generated with -t , how
would the statistics for the overlapped polygons work?  Think 2 1km circles
whose centers are .75km apart.

Doug

On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 7:51 AM, Markus Metz
<markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com>wrote:

> [replying outside ticket #1798 because it's a bit off-topic ]
>
> On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 9:12 AM, GRASS GIS <trac at osgeo.org> wrote:
> >
> >  Imagine the case where you have 100 points and want to create individual
> >  buffers around each, i.e. you can't call v.buffer on all at once as this
> >  will fusion the buffers.
>
> Buffers are not fused if you use the new -t flag with v.buffer which
> preserves categories and attributes of the input vector. The resulting
> areas may have more than one category per layer (one for each original
> input feature). An example is in the manual.
>
> Markus M

Doug Newcomb
USFWS
Raleigh, NC
919-856-4520 ext. 14 doug_newcomb at fws.gov
The opinions I express are my own and are not representative of the
official policy of the U.S.Fish and Wildlife Service or Dept. of the
Interior.   Life is too short for undocumented, proprietary data formats.