[GRASS-dev] MASK indicated on map display even after it was removed in GRASS 6.4.3 release

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 05:27:43 PST 2012

On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 10:45 AM, Martin Landa <landa.martin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Helena,
>
> 2012/11/15 Helena Mitasova <hmitaso at ncsu.edu>:
>> This is not a serious problem but I just noticed  that the grass6.4.3 compiled on oct 18 on mac
>> the red word MASK remains on the Map display even after the MASK is removed.
>> I don't seem to find a way how to get rid of it.
>
> tested with fresh 6.4.3svn. After removing the mask (`r.mask -r`) the
> indicator is also removed from the Map Display.
>
> Unfortunately I cannot reproduce this problem. Martin

You can reproduce it if you create a MASK in one mapset, then change
to another mapset without a MASK, but with the first mapset in the
search path. If a MASK is found in any mapset in the search path, the
red word MASK will appear in the Map display. But only MASKs in the
current mapset are respected by raster operations, thus that red word
MASK should not be there in this case.

Markus M