[GRASS-dev] graph function in r.mapcalc

Paulo van Breugel p.vanbreugel at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 11:54:54 PST 2012

Hi,

I am using the graph function in r.mapcalc. The input is the name of the
map to be converted and a string with XY values, like:

"newmap = graph(map, 1, x1,y1, x2,y2,... xi,yi)"

 Often, X and Y values are available as separate columns or vectors. In
such cases, it would be much easier if X and Y values can be given as
separate vectors, e.g., something like:

 "newmap = graph(map, x=x1,x2,x3,x4,...xi, y=y1,y2,y3,y4,...,yi)"

 For me the second option would make it especially much easier to create
this graphs within scripts. So I wondering, what are the reasons that makes
the current way of doing this better? And would it be possible to implement
a new option to give the x and y values as separate vectors?

 Cheers,

 Paulo