[GRASS-dev] wxgui encoding issues

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Tue Nov 20 23:50:50 PST 2012

On 19/11/12 18:05, Martin Landa wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 2012/11/19 Moritz Lennert<mlennert at club.worldonline.be>:
>
> [...]
>
>> Any reason why you do not encode 'name' ? This also causes an error.
>
> not really, I would just expect, that 'name' will not contain any
> non-ascii characters.

Its default value is 'Model' and it's marked as translatable string in
the code. Model in French is 'Modèle'...

More generally, I think we should always expect the user to try to use
the most "natural" language, i.e. the one she's used to speaking and
writing in everyday life. My students constantly use accents, spaces and
the lot in file and directory names, even though I tell them not to.
People just don't want to have think differently for a program, programs
are expected (by them) to adjust to their needs...

> Changed in r53917.

Thanks ! Can this also be applied to the 6.4 release branch ?

Moritz