[GRASS-dev] Issues with GRASS_ADDON_PATH and launching python script in GRASS64release

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Wed Nov 21 08:56:02 PST 2012

Using a fresh checkout and compile from grass64_releasebranch, I have the
following issues trying to launch a python script. The executable bit is
set for the script.

- I tried putting the script into a directory called SCRIPTS. When I
choose 'Launch script' from the GUI Files menu, it asks if I want to add
that directory to GRASS_ADDON_PATH. I say yes, but when I try to launch
the script, it says 'No such file or directory found'. I exit GRASS and
relaunch it. echo $GRASS_ADDON_PATH from within the GRASS terminal gives
me

/home/administrateur/.grass6/addons:/home/administrateur/SCRIPTS

But when I try to launch the script from the SCRIPTS directory, I get
asked again whether the directory should be added to the GRASS_ADDON_PATH
(which it already is) and again I cannot launch the script.

- When create the directory .grass6/addons and copy the script there, I
can launch it.

So, it seems that the GRASS_ADDON_PATH environment variable is not taken
into account correctly somewhere.

Moritz