[GRASS-dev] vector network questions

Michael Barton Michael.Barton at asu.edu
Thu Oct 4 22:37:15 PDT 2012

Why does mouse querying of a vector network return "nothing found"? There is attribute data in the associated attribute table. (GRASS 7 svn, on Mac).

I thought I'd go over this in class tomorrow, but I can't follow the manual. It is not clear how to transform a vector map (e.g., roadsmajor of the nc_08 data set) into a network. Run v.net<http://v.net> with nodes? connect? arcs? some combination?

v.net<http://v.net> path instructions seem to date from earliest GRASS 6 days and are for linux based terminal commands, pipe and stdin. It is not clear how to even enter start and end points. Or perhaps the interactive points entry control is broken. I can't tell.

I'm interested to know how this works. Perhaps I can work with someone to update the docs.

Michael
C. Michael Barton
Arizona State University

voice:  480-965-6262 (SHESC), 480-727-9746 (CSDC)
fax:          480-965-7671 (SHESC),  480-727-0709 (CSDC)