[GRASS-dev] v.net.allpairs seems broken

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Wed Oct 17 01:52:29 PDT 2012

On 16/10/12 15:34, Michael Barton wrote:
> Fixing this makes the module usable. The flaw is near to a bug.

Well, you can use the module as-is. You just have to make sure that
nodes and arcs have different cat values, e.g.:

#check cat values in arcs layer (streets_wake here):
v.category streets_waks op=report

#take the existing cat values of the points in schools_wake and add
50000 (because the cat values in streets_wake go up to just under 50000)
v.category schools_wake out=schools op=sum cat=50000

#now link the nodes with their new categories to the arcs
v.net streets_wake points=schools op=connect thresh=200 out=network
nlayer=1

#then launch your analysis indicating the cat values of the points
v.net.allpairs network cats=50000-50167 out=allpairs

So it is possible, but should be documented.

I do agree though that it's a real PINA compared to the simple two-layer
system in other modules.

Moritz