[GRASS-dev] dateutil dependency killing GRASS 7

Michael Barton Michael.Barton at asu.edu
Wed Oct 17 05:42:26 PDT 2012

Thanks very much Soren.

Perhaps datetutil is a great thing to have, but until we get the packaging thing worked work it is a big problem at least for Macs. It works without a hitch on my Mac, but I don't know how or where I got dateutil.

I suggested that other Mac users install MatPlotLib (also a great piece of software, but not a GRASS dependency). But it seems that it is not helping at least for some users, and GRASS 7 cannot be launched with a missing dateutil error.

I will compile and test your update as soon as possible (probably tonight). I and other Mac users (and maybe Windows users too?) appreciate your quick response.

Michael
C. Michael Barton
Arizona State University

voice: 	480-965-6262 (SHESC), 480-727-9746 (CSDC)
fax:          480-965-7671 (SHESC),  480-727-0709 (CSDC)