[GRASS-dev] unit tests?

Eric Momsen eric.momsen at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 07:58:08 PDT 2012

Hi all,

I'd like to do some further enhancements of i.segment (GSOC 2012
project, will hopefully send an official announcement soon!), and have
a chance to use it for a class homework project... if I include some
unit tests of the results.  I've previously used junit/Netbeans.  For
GRASS development, I've been using Geany, and just kept a text file
with commands to run after making changes.

Does anyone run unit tests on individual modules, or have any advice
on an easy way to set something up?  I read a little bit about cunit,
but it was already taking longer than junit/Netbeans.  I just need to
decide if it will be easy enough to add some unit testing, or if I'd
be better doing something else for class and using the time learned to
do c unit testing on more development on i.segment :)

Thanks,
Eric