[GRASS-dev] dateutil dependency killing GRASS 7

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Tue Oct 23 08:46:12 PDT 2012

Michael Barton wrote:

> I want to retract my concern over dateutil.
>
> Both William and Helena have shown that it IS available in the
> default Python distribution.

It isn't, however, part of the Python standard library, so it needs to
be explicitly listed as a dependency, distinct from Python.

I have no particular opinion as to whether or not dateutil should be
used, but it should not be an optional dependency. I.e. either require
it or don't use it, but don't offer two subtly-different APIs.