[GRASS-dev] dateutil dependency killing GRASS 7

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Wed Oct 24 01:26:23 PDT 2012

Michael Barton wrote:

> So now I'm confused. Does it come with the Python that comes with
> Macs and can be installed (normal install) on Windows? Or is it
> something that needs to be installed separately?

It isn't part of Python itself, i.e. it isn't in the Python source
tree, or in any Python package built from it. It isn't in the official
Windows installer, or Gentoo's dev-lang/python package. On Gentoo,
it's in dev-python/python-dateutil. Regardless of platform, it will
get installed under site-packages.