[GRASS-dev] composer preview

Michael Barton Michael.Barton at asu.edu
Thu Oct 25 15:23:23 PDT 2012

So that was easier to test than I thought. I had not reinstalled X11 on one of my computers since updating to OS X 10.8. Even with PIL installed, here is what happens:

1. When I click the preview button, I get the following screen.

If I click "continue" it takes me to the XQuartz project site to install XQuartz. If I click cancel, I get the following error:

So this is a PIL/Ghostscript/X11 issue. Note that Ghostscript IS installed on my Mac by default.

After installing a XQuartz, the composer preview works. This is not a huge problem on the Mac then, but it seems like people should not need to install X11 solely for converting pdf2png. No other way?

Michael
C. Michael Barton
Arizona State University

voice: 	480-965-6262 (SHESC), 480-727-9746 (CSDC)
fax:          480-965-7671 (SHESC),  480-727-0709 (CSDC)