[GRASS-dev] Fwd: [osgeo4w] #305: python/sqlite: "sqlite3-rtree-geometry-callback" not found in "C:\OSGeo4W\apps\Python27\DLLs\sqlite3.dll"

Benjamin Ducke benducke at fastmail.fm
Sun Oct 28 13:49:30 PDT 2012

Windows goes by two rules (in this order, if I remember
correctly):

1. Pick up the DLL from the directory in which the
.exe that is linked against it resides.

2. Pick it up from the first directory that is one
of the system's executable directories (such as
C:\Windows\Win32), i.e. listed in the PATH env var.

There is no global directory for dynamic libraries,
such as "/usr/lib" on Linux, and no dedicated dyamic
linker path, such as "LD_LIBRARY_PATH", either.

Welcome to "DLL hell" ...

Ben