[GRASS-dev] compiling relbrand64 fails on windows

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Sun Sep 2 13:54:11 PDT 2012

>The "o" indicates that SHLIB_LD is empty, while the missing ".dll"
>suffix indicates that SHLIB_SUFFIX is empty.
>
>I have no idea why it would only affect these specific libraries; or
>are you doing an incremental build (no "make clean")?

completely fresh svn-checkout and then following the instructions in

http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/CompileOnWindows#CompilingandInstallingGRASS6.4.x

by using

http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass/branches/releasebranch_6_4/mswindows/osgeo4w/package.sh

maybe an (msys)/mingw/gcc-issue?

build environment based upon osgeo4w
(http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/ ,
http://download.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/versions.html )

$ gcc --version
gcc.exe (GCC) 3.4.5 (mingw-vista special r3)

-----
best regards
Helmut