[GRASS-dev] [GRASS-user] New AddOns for Analyzing landscape connectivity based on graph-theory - the r.connectivity.*-toolchain

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 11 13:39:42 PDT 2012

Markus N wrote:
> Please use the North Carolina dataset which is much richer.
> If you need specific data, we can extend it which we'll do
> anyway for the upcoming NC dataset update.

Hi,

one idea for your consideration: it's not really necessary to
ship slope, aspect, shaded relief maps as long as the elevation
raster is there, since you can always reproduce those as tasks
1 and 2 in a beginner's tutorial. It's often the first thing
they'd like to learn how to do anyway.

thoughts on that sort of self-constructing ingredients approach
to distributing data for an educational dataset? is instant
gratification more important than that lesson and saved space?

Hamish