[GRASS-dev] TclTk linking in GRASS 6.4

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Wed Apr 3 10:48:03 PDT 2013

Trying to understand the linking of TclTk in GRASS 6.4...  I was poking around and noticed that libgrass_form itself does not link TclTk, and it appears it just creates form content in text and html.  This content can be displayed with TclTk by the "form" applet, which does link TclTk, or in the console like with v.what, which does not link or use TclTk.

Is this the general case then - none of the grass libraries link or use TclTk directly, just some applets (like form) and modules (like NVIZ) do?

If so, I need to rethink my OS X arch substitutions to handle 32bit-only TclTk in 64bit GRASS.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

Earth: "Mostly harmless"

- revised entry in the HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy