[GRASS-dev] compilation of grass on AIX 7.1

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sun Apr 7 02:34:04 PDT 2013

On Sun, Apr 7, 2013 at 10:33 AM, Glynn Clements
<glynn at gclements.plus.com> wrote:
> Markus Neteler wrote:
> tools/timer isn't actually used by GRASS or the build system, so I
> don't consider this one to be particularly critical.

Perhaps we just remove it from trunk?

>> > Okay; "struct winsize" isn't actually specified by POSIX, but it
>> > should exist somewhere if TIOCGWINSZ is defined. Not necessarily in
>> > the same header as the TIOCGWINSZ definition. Again, it may be guarded
>> > by a #if/#ifdef.
> A grep for "winsize" would be more useful. TIOCGWINSZ is being found,
> otherwise the code which uses "struct winsize" wouldn't be compiled
> and wouldn't generate an error.

Ok, found this in /usr/include/sys/ioctl.h:

struct winsize {
        unsigned short  ws_row;                 /* rows, in characters */
        unsigned short  ws_col;                 /* columns, in characters */
        unsigned short  ws_xpixel;              /* horizontal size, pixels */
        unsigned short  ws_ypixel;              /* vertical size, pixels */
};

On Sun, Apr 7, 2013 at 10:34 AM, Glynn Clements
<glynn at gclements.plus.com> wrote:
> The whole point of this exercise is to avoid the default _ALL_SOURCE=1
> setting, which is what causes the name conflicts.

Ops, I temporarily forgot. I am fine to go on with digging in the AIX
definitions.

Markus