[GRASS-dev] v.out.ascii features without category

Benjamin Ducke benducke at fastmail.fm
Wed Apr 10 02:43:25 PDT 2013

Hi,

On 04/10/2013 11:44 AM, Martin Landa wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> `v.out.ascii` (G7) doesn't export features without categories.
>
> v.random out=n n=10 --o
> v.category in=n out=n1 opt=del cat=-1 --o
> v.out.ascii n1
> WARNING: No points found, nothing to be exported
>
> Is there any reason why `v.out.ascii` ignores features without
> category? I would suggest to export also features without categories.
> Probably also to add new flag "Export only features with category".
>
> What do you think?

Hmmm, difficult:
In GRASS 6.4.x, v.out.ogr also exports all features by
default, so making the suggested change would improve
consistency there.

But: in GRASS 7 the default behaviour of v.out.ogr
was reversed in this respect ...

Maybe v.out.ascii should follow the convention
of v.out.ogr in each respective GRASS version?

Cheers,

Ben