[GRASS-dev] v.out.ascii features without category

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 12:17:21 PDT 2013

Hi,

2013/4/10 Markus Metz <markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com>:
>> Is there any reason why `v.out.ascii` ignores features without
>> category? I would suggest to export also features without categories.
>> Probably also to add new flag "Export only features with category".
>
> Try v.out.ascii n1 layer=-1
>
> Default is layer=1 which means only features with a category in layer
> 1 are exported.

it will not help.

v.random out=n n=9 --o
v.category in=n out=n1 opt=del cat=1 --o
v.category in=n1 out=n2 opt=del cat=2 --o
v.category in=n2 out=n3 opt=add cat=1 layer=2 id=2 --o

v.category in=n out=n4 opt=del cat=-1 --o

v.category n3 opt=report -g
2 point 1 1 1
2 all 1 1 1
1 point 7 3 9
1 all 7 3 9

v.category n4 opt=report -g
-

v.out.ascii n4
WARNING: No points found, nothing to be exported

v.out.ascii n4 layer=-1
WARNING: No points found, nothing to be exported

with the attached patch

v.out.ascii n4
WARNING: 9 features without category skipped
WARNING: No points found, nothing to be exported

v.out.ascii n4 -n
670755.23990231|227618.61631252
620883.1020781|226045.94127863
638523.42465594|215548.98640595
631947.37828546|233349.16461906
666867.49326076|222508.09307827
658560.98004952|215292.28603514
677636.85184101|217348.6624036
660936.63949697|196528.06251007
625663.81562346|242921.76110523

v.out.ascii n3
638523.42465594|215548.98640595|3
631947.37828546|233349.16461906|4
666867.49326076|222508.09307827|5
658560.98004952|215292.28603514|6
677636.85184101|217348.6624036|7
660936.63949697|196528.06251007|8
625663.81562346|242921.76110523|9
WARNING: 2 features without category skipped <- id=1,2

v.out.ascii n3 -n
670755.23990231|227618.61631252
638523.42465594|215548.98640595|3
631947.37828546|233349.16461906|4
666867.49326076|222508.09307827|5
658560.98004952|215292.28603514|6
677636.85184101|217348.6624036|7
660936.63949697|196528.06251007|8
625663.81562346|242921.76110523|9
WARNING: 1 features without category skipped <- id=2

v.out.ascii n3 layer=2
620883.1020781|226045.94127863|1
WARNING: 8 features without category skipped <- id=1,3-9

670755.23990231|227618.61631252
620883.1020781|226045.94127863|1
WARNING: 7 features without category skipped <- id=3-9

Btw, is there a way how to delete more categories in one step?

v.category in=n out=n1 opt=del cat=1 --o

works, but how to delete in one step more cats, eg.

v.category in=n out=n1 opt=del cat=1-2 --o

will not work because `cat` accepts only one value and not the range.

Martin