[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #1633: Unable to display shapefile attribute table due to pipe characters in dbf field

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Fri Apr 12 00:01:11 PDT 2013

#1633: Unable to display shapefile attribute table due to pipe characters in dbf
field
  Reporter:  richardc     |       Owner:  grass-dev@…
      Type:  defect       |      Status:  reopened
 Component:  wxGUI        |     Version:  svn-releasebranch64
Resolution:               |    Keywords:  database, separator
  Platform:  Unspecified  |         Cpu:  Unspecified
Changes (by neteler):

  * version:  6.4.1 => svn-releasebranch64

Comment:

 Replying to [comment:8 annakrat]:
 > If I remember the problem correctly, this ticket is still valid for
 Windows.

 Confirmed: g.copy e.g. the "boundary_municip" NC map to myvector,
 then edit an entry in the "NAME" column and insert "|" there, it
 (apparently) do that but then no longer show the table. However,
 a message is shown suggesting to change the separator to a different
 character.

 > So on Windows you cannot load attribute table data with pipe characters.

 Currently no unless you select a different separator.

 > Maybe we can change milestone?

 To which would you change it? How about a condition if-on-windows
 predefine
 a separator different from | by default? Which is more save?

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/1633#comment:9>
GRASS GIS <http://grass.osgeo.org>