[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #1428: WinGRASS + how to deliver Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package (vcredist)?

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Tue Apr 16 12:37:25 PDT 2013

#1428: WinGRASS + how to deliver Microsoft Visual C++  Redistributable Package
(vcredist)?
 Reporter:  dhastings     |       Owner:  grass-dev@…
     Type:  defect        |      Status:  new
      Cpu:  x86-64        |

Comment(by hellik):

 Replying to [comment:48 hamish]:

 > The idea to put the d/l in its own page at the end of the installer
 wizard instead of with the sample dataset downloads was because I worry it
 might get clicked past by someone hitting Next Next Next Next and not
 paying attention, then they wonder why it doesn't work.

 ... a first attempt to fix this ... no really time here on my side at the
 moment to get closer to this ... any extra help welcomed ...

 > Another idea to avoid the registry key search- after figuring out which
 dlls are actually needed, we'd to compile a tiny program depending on them
 and have it run as part of the startup script and fail with a more
 informative error message (or, if we can't do much about the "this process
 ended" message, we can at least catch that it failed and the startup
 script continuing on from there sees the process return code and aborts
 with a more informative error message.) ?

 ... a tiny program/test would be nice ... any hints?

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/1428#comment:58>
GRASS GIS <http://grass.osgeo.org>