[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #1940: wingrass - nsis - script in release mode: !define SVN_REVISION "@GRASS_VERSION_SVN@" not set

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Mon Apr 22 03:25:27 PDT 2013

#1940: wingrass - nsis - script in release mode: !define SVN_REVISION
"@GRASS_VERSION_SVN@" not set
 Reporter:  hellik          |       Owner:  grass-dev@…
     Type:  defect          |      Status:  new
      Cpu:  x86-64          |
Changes (by hamish):

  * keywords:  nsis => nsis, wingrass

Comment:

 Replying to [comment:10 hellik]:
 > and in /c/Program Files/TortoiseSVN/bin: there is svnversion
 >
 > so it's seems it's in $PATH, but not found by configure

 from the subject of this bug it seems the issue has to do with building an
 official versioned release, not with a random svn snapshot build?

 In that case the svn rev and thus svnversion are mostly irrelevant;
 ".svn/" metadata is not in the final tarball, and if a historian is
 curious what svn rev the version refers to they can always look it up in
 the tag's log. For versioned releases it already has an official version
 number, so we know exactly which version of the codebase the user is
 talking about- the point of including svn revs is to provide that info for
 non-official-versioned checkouts.

 of course the packaging script should handle all the variable setting (or
 leaving blank) cleanly for you once you change the "Devel" keyword to
 "Release"...

 Hamish

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/1940#comment:11>