[GRASS-dev] wxGUI adding menu file with our Addons

Yann Chemin yann.chemin at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 03:17:10 PDT 2013

Upon compiling addons, it would be nice to have another file
(menuaddons.xml in grass70/gui/wxpython/xml/) that could be loaded
additionally to menudata.xml, or directly into it by some python
import magic.

here is an example of few modules:
    <menu>
      <label>&Addons</label>
      <items>
        <menuitem>
          <label>ET Senay (2001)</label>
          <help>Computes ET after Senay (2001)</help>
          <keywords>imagery,evapotranspiration,Senay</keywords>
          <handler>OnMenuCmd</handler>
          <command>i.evapo.senay</command>
        </menuitem>
        <separator />
        <menuitem>
          <label>ET Biome (2011)</label>
          <help>Computes Biome based ET (Global model)</help>
          <handler>OnMenuCmd</handler>
          <command>i.evapo.senay</command>
        </menuitem>
      </items>
    </menu>

If loaded properly into the menu on compilation time it would appear
as an "Addon" extra menu. before the "Help" menu.

I realize this idea comes from the compiling side of G7, but it can be
extended to g.extension etc... by asking teh menu bar to reload once
in a while any new menuaddons*.xml file available.

--
Yann Chemin
Researcher at IWMI