[GRASS-dev] introduce myself

Benjamin Ducke benducke at fastmail.fm
Wed Apr 24 01:09:33 PDT 2013

Hi Corey,

Some simple and efficient algorithms for 3D
interpolation would indeed be welcome.
Currently, GRASS has 3D spline interpolation,
but RBF and kriging are still missing.
I have experience with both geostatistics and
3D interpolation and would be willing to
mentor on the design of the implementation.
But we would need someone with better know-
ledge of the GRASS 3D raster API.

Re. kriging, it will not be enough to just
implement the interpolation itself. To get
optimal 3D kriging models, it would also
be necessary to design and implement some
exploratory tools (variogram) etc. for 3D
data. Actually, my opinion is that kriging
capabilities should be provided both for
2D and 3D data, as we are missing native
GRASS modules in both cases.

Best,

Ben