[GRASS-dev] GSoC 2013, GRASS symbology idea

Tereza Fiedlerová tfiedlerova at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 14:02:46 PDT 2013

Hello Hamish,

thanks for your response.  I understand that I should not try to replace
ps.map, just improve some d.* modules. But from notes on Grass GSoc 2013
Ideas I didn't know what exactly is needed.

I wrote:
In my project, I would like to write new module for creating legend for
vector map (something similar as d.legend for raster map). The other part
of project could be new module for thematic maps (something like
d.vect.thematic and d.area.thematic, but more complex). For a nice and
correct graphical output I could do some improvements in cairo driver.

Is this suggestion, as I wrote it before, useful? Or should I focus on
something different? I am not very experienced with Grass, so I will be
thankful for any other suggestions, that help me get a better picture about
it.

Tereza