[GRASS-dev] G70 annoing error during the command parsing

Anna Petrášová kratochanna at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 06:58:35 PDT 2013

Hi Pietro,

On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 1:39 PM, Pietro <peter.zamb at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> I'm trying to write a grass7 add-ons, but I'm fighting with one
> parameter that wont work... and I'm not able to understand where the
> problem is...
>
> the python code is:
>
> {{{
> ERROR: Sorry <Kchk=K_chk> is not a valid option
> }}}
>
> Do you understand what I'm doing wrong? why is ychk working?
> I'm using grass r57429

It seems that uppercase letters are not allowed for option names, see
is_option function in parser.c
http://grass.osgeo.org/programming7/parser_8c_source.html

I guess you have some reason to use uppercase letters but maybe it would
still be better to use lowercase letters to avoid confusion in the future
(not to start mixing camelCase and snake_case for example)?

Anna