[GRASS-dev] Missing "overwrite" flag for r.texture

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Sat Aug 17 13:27:23 PDT 2013

On 12 August 2013 09:48, Sören Gebbert <soerengebbert at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Be aware that the test to overwrite an existing map works only for the
> base map name, not for output maps that are build from the base map
> name and an increment.

These multiple output maps are general problem for grass. Some modules have
this prefix (or better say basename) option and some other have it in some
undefined state such as r.in.gdal can output multiple maps if the input is
multiple bands. This is the problem in the GUI since we don't know which
map(s) should we add (if Add maps to layer list is checked). Some solution
is needed...