[GRASS-dev] GRASS 7 fails to start on OS X

Cline, Royce L. rcline at nd.gov
Mon Aug 19 09:51:02 PDT 2013

Installed Aug. 16 GRASS 7 from Michael Barton's site. It fails to start, if I have GRASS 6.4.3 installed with the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Applications/GRASS-7.0.app/Contents/MacOS/etc/gui/wxpython/gis_set.py", line 38, in <module>
    from core import globalvar
  File "/Applications/GRASS-7.0.app/Contents/MacOS/etc/gui/wxpython/core/globalvar.py", line 50, in <module>
    from grass.script.core import get_commands
ImportError: cannot import name get_commands

The problem appears to be occurring because
/Applications/GRASS-6.4.app/Contents/MacOS/etc/python
occurrs in PATH before
/Applications/GRASS-7.0.app/Contents/MacOS/etc/python
 at the point of the error. I don't understand the start up process to determine where the GRASS-6.4 path is getting set.

GRASS 7 starts if I remove GRASS 6.

Royce