[GRASS-dev] xganim: fix compilation or remove completely?

Helena Mitasova hmitaso at ncsu.edu
Wed Dec 11 19:55:07 PST 2013

Vasek,

I think that if there are no objections xganim can be removed from grass7, the new animation tool is much, much better.

It may be worth keeping it in grass6.4*. To test xganim just use any output from r.sim.water or r.sun.daily or nags head series.
If you are seeing window larger than your screen check your region settings - the size of the xganim window in pixels
is the size of your region (so either change the region to lower resolution or smaller spatial extent).

We can go through xganim in the lab (I may have it still running on the mac laptop) to make sure
we have everything in the new animation tool that was in xganim, but I believe that we do,

Helena

Helena Mitasova
Associate Professor
Department of Marine, Earth, and Atmospheric Sciences
2800 Faucette Drive, Rm. 1125 Jordan Hall
North Carolina State University
Raleigh, NC 27695-8208
hmitaso at ncsu.edu