[GRASS-dev] G7 compilation error

Margherita Di Leo dileomargherita at gmail.com
Wed Dec 18 02:25:57 PST 2013

* SOLVED *

On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 2:18 PM, Margherita Di Leo <
dileomargherita at gmail.com> wrote:

> compiling the fresh grass trunk I get several compilation issues on tgrass
> and some wxpython modules (animation, vdigit, iclass) and the problem
> resides into:
> ImportError: /usr/local/lib/libgdal.so.1: undefined symbol:
> sqlite3_column_table_name

The problem resides in an old version of sqlite that I was using, coming
from package:

=====

$ rpm -qi sqlite3-dbf.x86_64
Name        : sqlite3-dbf                  Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version     : 2011.01.24
    Vendor: Fedora Project
Release     : 1.el6                         Build Date: Sat 11 Feb 2012
10:50:28 AM CET
Install Date: Mon 16 Dec 2013 10:58:33 AM CET      Build Host:
x86-15.phx2.fedoraproject.org
Group       : Applications/Text             Source RPM:
sqlite3-dbf-2011.01.24-1.el6.src.rpm
Size        : 49144                            License: GPLv3+
Signature   : RSA/8, Sat 11 Feb 2012 05:49:50 PM CET, Key ID
3b49df2a0608b895
Packager    : Fedora Project
URL         : http://sqlite.mobigroup.ru/wiki?name=sqlite3-dbf
Summary     : Converter of XBase / FoxPro tables to SQLite
Description :
SQLiteDBF converts XBase databases, particularly FoxPro tables with memo
files,
into a SQL dump. It has no dependencies other than standard Unix libraries.

SQLiteDBF is designed to be incredibly fast and as efficient as possible.

This use code base of the PgDBF project (http://pgdbf.sourceforge.net/).

=====

compiling sqlite from scratch solved the issue.
Thanks Markus and Yann for the pointers.

cheers,
madi

--
Best regards,

Dr. Margherita DI LEO
Scientific / technical project officer

European Commission - DG JRC
Via Fermi, 2749
I-21027 Ispra (VA) - Italy - TP 261

Tel. +39 0332 78 3600
margherita.di-leo at jrc.ec.europa.eu

Disclaimer: The views expressed are purely those of the writer and may not
in any circumstance be regarded as stating an official position of the
European Commission.