[GRASS-dev] r.null apparently doesn't work on vrt via r.external on G7

Newcomb, Doug doug_newcomb at fws.gov
Thu Dec 19 06:46:56 PST 2013

I thought r.external was a read-only link.

Doug

On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 3:35 AM, Margherita Di Leo <
dileomargherita at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Is it an expected behaviour that r.null doesn't affect vrt raster linked
> via r.external?
> Tested on forest map 2000 available for download from
> http://forest.jrc.ec.europa.eu/download/data/forest-data-download/
> I build the mosaic with gdalbuildvrt and then use r.external
> then I want to set to null the values 0,2,3:
> r.null mosaic setnull=0-2-3
> this command doesn't have any effect on the map.
>
> thanks
>
> madi
>
> --
> Best regards,
>
> Dr. Margherita DI LEO
> Scientific / technical project officer
>
> European Commission - DG JRC
> Institute for Environment and Sustainability (IES)
> Via Fermi, 2749
> I-21027 Ispra (VA) - Italy - TP 261
>
> Tel. +39 0332 78 3600
> margherita.di-leo at jrc.ec.europa.eu
>
> Disclaimer: The views expressed are purely those of the writer and may not
> in any circumstance be regarded as stating an official position of the
> European Commission.

Doug Newcomb
USFWS
Raleigh, NC
919-856-4520 ext. 14 doug_newcomb at fws.gov
The opinions I express are my own and are not representative of the
official policy of the U.S.Fish and Wildlife Service or Dept. of the
Interior.   Life is too short for undocumented, proprietary data formats.