[GRASS-dev] area measurements

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Mon Dec 30 04:50:36 PST 2013

On Sat, Dec 28, 2013 at 3:28 PM, Vincent Bain <bain at toraval.fr> wrote:
> Hello dear devs,
>
> I am wondering if something happened since this 4 year old ticket, where
> the question of area measurements was raised :
>
> http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/975
>
> When I need to get an area on the fly, I run d.measure on a graphic
> monitor, but it would be very nice to access this function straightly
> from wxGUI. Using 6.4 for my workflow, perhaps I missed something on the
> 7.0 side ?

In the ticket m.measure is suggested as solution which accepts a
series of coordinates to then perform the calculation:
http://grass.osgeo.org/grass70/manuals/m.measure.html

Perhaps, given that a new tiny digitizer is there for wxGUI-i.class
etc, perhaps this could be used to call m.measure then?

> Thank you, and best wishes for New Year's Eve ;-)

Thanks & best wishes from here,
Markus