[GRASS-dev] Is r.in.wms actually working? (Italian territory example)

Margherita Di Leo dileomargherita at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 11:26:04 PST 2013

Thank you Markus,

On Sat, Feb 2, 2013 at 8:01 PM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 2, 2013 at 7:41 PM, Margherita Di Leo
> <dileomargherita at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Thank you Rashad, it was simply slow, now managed to download with:
>
> You may need to verify the g.region settings!

GRASS 7.0.svn (Genova):~ > g.region -p
projection: 1 (UTM)
zone:       32
datum:      wgs84
ellipsoid:  wgs84
north:      4916343
south:      4915829
west:       496791
east:       497402
nsres:      1
ewres:      1
rows:       514
cols:       611
cells:      314054

although it's 1x1 cells, it's a small area. As I wrote, the error I get is:

GRASS 7.0.svn (Genova):~ > r.in.wms url=http://irs.gis-lab.info layers=osm
output=osm1 format=png
Downloading data from WMS server...
ERROR: Unable to fetch capabilities from: 'http://irs.gis-lab.info'

Thanks,
madi

--
Margherita DI LEO
Postdoctoral Researcher

European Commission - DG JRC
Institute for Environment and Sustainability (IES). Unit H03 – FRC
Via Fermi, 2749
I-21027 Ispra (VA) - Italy - TP 261

Tel. +39 0332 78 3600
margherita.di-leo at jrc.ec.europa.eu

Disclaimer: The views expressed are purely those of the writer and may not
in any circumstance be regarded as stating an official position of the
European Commission.