[GRASS-dev] Simple bash auto-completion for GRASS

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 05:16:31 PST 2013

On 5 February 2013 12:42, Hamish <hamish_b at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Vaclav wrote:
>> he is the simple incomplete version of auto-completion
>> for GRASS bash command line.
>
> Hi,
>
> did you know about the previous work on this for grass 5?
> It would need updating for sure, but maybe a lot of the work is
> already done for you.
>
> It is still online:
>    http://www.sorokine.info/grass-complete/

Hi, I didn't. So it was even working some day. It might be useful if
somebody (not sure if me) will actually write the general completion.
However, it is for g5, bash 2 (I have 4) and it is written in perl.
For g7 it should be probably in Python. While looking to the code, I'm
afraid of various shells differences. Finally, there is
--interface-description (with the parameter type) which would help to
build the completion files (not there is some parsing and guessing).
This part might be even easier than it was for 5.

Nevertheless, it seems that there was and is an interest in this.

Vaclav